Thursday Folder Flyers:
DCSD Community Events
October Student Count:
Our student count day is Tuesday, September 25th. This is a VERY important day as our funding from the state of Colorado for each student depends upon their attendance on this day. Please make every effort to have your student in attendance on this day. Thank you!
All Pro Dads:
Please join us for All Pro Dads on Thursday morning at 7:45am. This is a great opportunity for dads to have breakfast with their kiddos and talk about a variety of topics.
Fall Conference Sign Ups:
Conference sign ups are now open! Classroom teachers, as well as all of our specialists (Moderate Needs, School Psychologist, Speech Language, PE, Music, Art, ESL, Reading Recover, etc), will be available to meet with you to discuss your student's progress so far this year. Heather Cunningham, GT Teacher, will not be available to meet as she is manning our book fair that evening. If you would like to meet with her, please send her an email to set up a time. Please see the instructions below to sign up for conferences. If you determine that you would like to meet with a specialist, please make an additional appointment on their page.
To sign up, please go to the Iron Horse Website.
Once you are at the website, click on the Parent Resources.
Once there, you will click on "Online Scheduler"
This will direct you the the Online Scheduler page. From there, please select "IRON HORSE ELEMENTARY" and click "Go". Then you will need to enter your student's ID number (same as their lunch number) and the password "engineer". From there, you will be able to select a date and time for your student's assessment.
We are gearing up for our Fall Book Fair and need your help! We are looking for volunteers to set up/clean up, to help students find books, and to run the cash registers. Please view the Sign Up Genius HERE to help support our school. All shifts are 2 hours in length. All funds from the book fair go back into the hands of kids in the form of books and library supplies.
|Our New Spirit Rock - Donated by Melanie Morgan|
Rent the Rock:
Spirit Rock Policies:
- . You may pay by cash or check, payable to IHE PTO. Payment must be dropped off at the IHE Office at time of reservation -
- Once reserved and paid for, you have the rock for 24 hours, from 4:00 pm on the afternoon to your reserved day until 4:00 p.m. on the reserved day.
- It is your responsibility to paint the rock or find someone to paint it for you. The PTO will not paint the rock.
- The family or organization must supply paint, rollers, brushes and appropriate clothing for painting the rock. All supplies and the area around the rock must be left as you found it. Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any paint or materials on or around the rock or on school property. Any damage to school property as a result of painting the rock will be taken care of by the family or group that reserved the rock for that day.
- Plan to use 2-3 cans of paint as the . More will be used if the color you are covering is dark or bright. Exterior paint works best.
- In the event of inclement weather, a family or organization may revisit the calendar and choose an open date for a substitution. This may or may not be the next school day as that may already be reserved.
- In keeping with the IHE Code of Conduct and Behavior Guidelines, Iron Horse will not allow any bullying, profanity, obscenity or derogatory language. Please refrain from any political or discriminatory remarks. If there is any question to the wording or symbols painted on the rock, we reserve the right to remove/repaint the rock without notice.
September 21: NO School - Teacher PLC Day
September 27: All Pro Dads 7:45-8:15am
October 2: Fall Conferences 3:40-6:00pm
October 4: Fall Conferences 3:40-8:00pm
October 6-14: NO School - Fall Break
October 16: Artisan Pizza Night for IHE
October 17: PTO Meeting 3:45-4:45pm
October 17: Feeder SAC Meeting 5:00-6:30pm at Iron Horse
October 18: Picture Re-Takes
October 22: Texas Roadhouse Roll Sales Starts
October 26: Legend Feeder Trunk or Treat @ Legend High School