Thursday Folder Fliers:
Parking Lot Drop-off and Pick-Up Reminders:
Thank you so much for following our parking lot rules! It has been a very smooth few days with some blips. As a reminder, if you choose to drop-off or pick-up your student in our drop-off/pick-up lane, you may not leave your vehicle for any reason. Staff members are on hand to support your student with getting in/out and to your vehicle. If you need assistance, please ask a staff member. When pulling up in our lane, please make sure to pull all the way forward. Following these rules results in a quicker drop-off and pick-up!
The cones that have been placed out front to support you finding your student's class at the end of the day will no longer be placed out front starting on Monday. This was a temporary solution to support students and families transitioning into the new year. Teachers will be in the same spots, so please continue to look for your student in the same area.
Finally, please do not allow your student to walk alone to or from the gravel lot - this is a safety issue and not allowed. They need an adult with them to walk to the sidewalk. Thank you for your help and support with these parking lot rules.
Assessment Day/Picture Day:
Our Assessment Day/Picture Day is August 28th. Students do not attend school on this day, but instead are brought in by parents/guardians at a set time to complete an assessment with their teacher and get their picture taken. Parents sign up for a time that works for them on this day. Please see the directions below to sign up for a time. The window is open starting today and will close on August 23rd.
Pictures will be in the Gym from 7:30am until 3:30pm. Picture packets will be sent home next Thursday and will also be available in the Gym on Picture Day. You may also opt to pay online - that information will be available next week.
To sign up, please go to the Iron Horse Website.
Once you are at the website, click on the Parent Resources.
Once there, you will click on "Online Scheduler"
This will direct you the the Online Scheduler page. From there, please select "IRON HORSE ELEMENTARY" and click "Go". Then you will need to enter your student's ID number (same as their lunch number) and the password "engineer". From there, you will be able to select a date and time for your student's assessment.
|Our New Spirit Rock - Donated by Melanie Morgan|
Rent the Rock:
Spirit Rock Policies:
- . You may pay by cash or check, payable to IHE PTO. Payment must be dropped off at the IHE Office at time of reservation -
- Once reserved and paid for, you have the rock for 24 hours, from 4:00 pm on the afternoon to your reserved day until 4:00 p.m. on the reserved day.
- It is your responsibility to paint the rock or find someone to paint it for you. The PTO will not paint the rock.
- The family or organization must supply paint, rollers, brushes and appropriate clothing for painting the rock. All supplies and the area around the rock must be left as you found it. Please clean up after yourself and do not leave any paint or materials on or around the rock or on school property. Any damage to school property as a result of painting the rock will be taken care of by the family or group that reserved the rock for that day.
- Plan to use 2-3 cans of paint as the . More will be used if the color you are covering is dark or bright. Exterior paint works best.
- In the event of inclement weather, a family or organization may revisit the calendar and choose an open date for a substitution. This may or may not be the next school day as that may already be reserved.
- In keeping with the IHE Code of Conduct and Behavior Guidelines, Iron Horse will not allow any bullying, profanity, obscenity or derogatory language. Please refrain from any political or discriminatory remarks. If there is any question to the wording or symbols painted on the rock, we reserve the right to remove/repaint the rock without notice.
Animals on the Grounds:
While Douglas County School District does not allow animals to be on campus (Policy Number: Superintendent File: KFAA), we understand that many of you enjoy walking with your dog to school in this beautiful weather. If you choose to bring your dog (or cat) to pick-up or drop-off, please stay near the trailhead sign/sidewalk (on the East side) and have your child meet you there. Many of our students are frightened of animals; and some animals do not get along with one another or children when overwhelmed. Staff members will remind you if you are in other areas beyond this. Thank you for your help!
Legend Homecoming Parade:
The Legend Homecoming Parade is coming! We are in need of volunteers to plan and create our Homecoming Float. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity. If your child is interested in walking in the parade, please email me at the above address. Thank you!
If you would like to order IHE spirit wear, the link to the order form is listed above under "Thursday Folder Fliers". Orders will be accepted in the office until August 27th. This is a great way to show your Iron Horse pride!
Chick Fil-A Restaurant Night:
Our first restaurant night of the year is tonight! If you mention "Iron Horse" during your purchase, we will receive a generous portion of all proceeds from the night. This is a great way to raise funds for our school AND you don't have to cook dinner!
Did You Know?
Every month, our PTO publishes a newsletter filled with important information regarding the school. The newsletter also contains ads from a variety of service providers. Every time a reader clicks on one of the links, Iron Horse receives funding from the newsletter company. Get those fingers clicking!
DCSD will be using My School Bucks instead of RevTracks, our previous system, for all parent fees. Although it will be much more user friendly, it is having some technical issues. Please review this letter from Douglas County School District in regards to My School Bucks. The district is working around the clock to resolve these issues. Thank you!
August 16: Chick Fil-A Restaurant Night 4:00-8:00pm
August 24: Donuts for Dads 7:45-8:15am in the Cafeteria
August 28: Assessment and Picture Day 8:00am-3:30pm
September 3: NO School - Labor Day
September 5: Legend Homecoming Parade
September 10: Texas Roadhouse Restaurant Night for IHE
September 19: PTO Meeting 3:45-4:45pm
September 19: SAC Meeting 5:00-6:00pm
September 21: NO School - Teacher PLC Day